Isle of Man

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravabelli

Reaction score
Hi from Isle of Man.

Joined a couple of months ago when looking for advice on getting back to brewing after a 30 year gap.

Got back at it with a vengeance and since last autumn have had a regular brew going. Best kit so far was the Milestone Raspberry Wheat beer but got high hopes for the porter I should bottle tonight.

Want to try some proper recipes maybe through BIAB soon but for now I can't quite believe how far kits have come in the last 30 years. Even hop teabags!!

Only downside here is cost of bring stuff over, but at least our water is good and fluoride free.

Cheers, Roy :cheers:

Hi Tean

I'll certainly be out watching TT with visiting friends but not a motorcyclist myself for many years.

Just fermented my TT BEER for my guests... Probably barrel tonight.

Hi Tean

I'll certainly be out watching TT with visiting friends but not a motorcyclist myself for many years.

Just fermented my TT BEER for my guests... Probably barrel tonight.

Royal Enfield fan myself, so I am definitely not a sports rider, what sort of beer are you looking at for the TT ?

Royal Enfield fan myself, so I am definitely not a sports rider, what sort of beer are you looking at for the TT ?

I'm doing milestone raspberry wheat beer cut to 15L and a wilko hoppy copper with an extra kilo of malt and a few fuggles. Will have some Czech guests so hope they aren't too judgemental!

Mate had an Enfield and I used to fancy one. That was late 70's though... :-)

Not done any of the Milestone or the Wilko's kits but I have been looking at the Bulldog IPA for the last couple of weeks, I am seriously tempted. But I have 50 kg of malt downstairs waiting to be brewed up so I think that I am going to be sticking with that for the moment. I currently have a Hammer of Thor coming through and I think that the Bulldog kits are the best that I have tried so far. My French neighbours like the Hammer but they are not into my IPAs and hoppy British style brews ...

Royal Enfield ... now with a new motor, much more reliable, more power, better fuel consumption, I love mine, chuffed to bits with it ... serious smile factor every time I get on it.

welcome this forum is a superb resource, over in the isle of man for the tt in douglas, what are the best pubs to visit

Hi Bryn

Best pubs depend on what you like but in Douglas got to go in the Rovers and Woodbourne, complete opposites but a great pint in both.

Further afield, Whitehouse in Peel, Railway Station in Port St Mary, Bay Hotel in Port Erin, the Shore in Laxey and the Traff in Ramsey.

I'll mainly be in the two Douglas pubs I mention plus the beer tent on the Promenade.

Have a great time! If you want any other advice PM me.

Back