How best to store hops?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECLIPSE

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am new to all grain brewing and have just taken delivery some grains/hops. All the packs are still vacuum sealed and haven't been used yet. What is the best way to store these? I realise it's best to store opened hops in the freezer but wasn't sure about new unopened packets?

I keep unopened ones in the garage. It's cold at the moment and still cool in summer. As far as I can tell the hops have not suffered. Once opened they go in the freezer.

I offer a special Hop Care service, I will keep them in the best possible environment .......... a certain liquid I make :twisted:

i read somewhere that kilner jars with the rubber seals work pretty good, i dont a have a freezer so tried this way. three weeks in and they look and smell just fine

I always used sealable freezer bags for opened hops. As I had a wide variety of hops on the go I used a bigger bag too to compress all the hop packets to save space in the freezer.

Latest posts

Back