Keezer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pjbiker

Regular.
Reaction score
Thats a beautiful looking Keezer, don't think mine would be allowed in the living room so I've remoted it to my downstairs loo.

20140114_094734.jpg

6910953c.jpg

thats brilliant you can pour a pint and s**te at the same time :party:
No im only haviing a laugh i live on my own the gf has her own pad
I think keezers and kegerators are all great things
As long as the beer pours well thats what counts

It did actually as it turned out to be more worn than I expected and haf to replace piston and glass cylinder with parts from angram but you can pick up used working ones on ebay for 30-40quid. Oh I had to buy a check valve for 22 quid and some john guest fittings.

If i had the room for another keg i woold like a beer engine but three taps will have to do me i dont drink that much as i also make wine too.
I liked the photo of you pouring a beer from your tap what types do you usualllyyy brew.

If i had the room for another keg i woold like a beer engine but three taps will have to do me i dont drink that much as i also make wine too.
I liked the photo of you pouring a beer from your tap what types do you usualllyyy brew.

I keep trying to make golden and hoppy ales but am struggling with the 'hoppy'. I'd love it to be like punk ipa.

This is my current kegerator but no room for more than 2 kegs
Thats a lovely set up you have i love the taps i have brass ones with flow control but not the best to adjust did you get your taps from norm i would like to upgrade to norms ones eventualy.
The blackboard idea is brilliant too well doooone

I keep trying to make golden and hoppy ales but am struggling with the 'hoppy'. I'd love it to be like punk ipa.
I have not done too many overly hopped beers due to the price of the hops i have just done an ipa which had 100 grams in which is enough for me.
Maybe francis could advise you a bit more on that

I have not tried my punk ipa yet I had literally transferred it from bucket to keg a couple days ago. It has been dry hopping now for 3 days so we will see how it tastes soonish.

Abv was supposed to be 5.6% but turned out 6.1 which is due to me being very new to all grain and not calculating properly I guess but I'm sure it will turn out ok

5.3kg Maris Otter

10g Chinook @90
29g Ahtanum @15
15g Nelson Sauvin @15
15g Simcoe @10

Safale US-05 yeast

30g Chinook, 30g Nelson, 30g Simcoe - dry hop for 5 days

I am on my second brew of punk ipa..been very very pleased with it..i couldnt get ahtanum hops anywhere so i usbbed for amarillo..where did you get yours ??

HI there i bought the taps from norman he is a forum sponsor there are links on this site i think they are cornelius taps i know norm does other taps but the brass ones i bought the last two he had at that time you vould send norm an email.
He has ebay here
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORNELIUS...pt=UK_Home_Garden_Food_SM&hash=item4ad3572dd0
The only other thing i know is they are flow control i have seen these in online homebrew shops you could check the beer dispensing area of there online shops but they are hard to find

Back