update on my progress

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bootneck

Reaction score
Ok I have brewed two brews now muntons cider that's in a pv maturing.
And festival landlords bitter that has about 5 Lt left and has been in the pv 3 weeks.

Cider no where near ready , but the beer is fantastic. Only got a bit left and it didn't get chance to condition properly on account it tasted so nice.

Today I have put festival Suffolk ale in the FV tested at 1095 my aim to get this to clear before it goes into the pv ant leave it at least a month :party:

Three brews under my belt now all kit form,
Muntons autumn cider has been in the keg a month , still not clear and tastes ****.
Festival landlords best bitter, drank it all before it was a month old , tasted great and last few pints were clear.
Festival Suffolk strong ale , this went into the keg today , it didn't have the yeast smell about it like the best bitter and the yeast cake wasn't as big.i won't touch this for a month .
Next brew will be the festival landlords bitter again as I loved the taste of this brew might brew it short and take the strength up a bit.

Three brews under my belt now all kit form,
Muntons autumn cider has been in the keg a month , still not clear and tastes ****.
Festival landlords best bitter, drank it all before it was a month old , tasted great and last few pints were clear.
Festival Suffolk strong ale , this went into the keg today , it didn't have the yeast smell about it like the best bitter and the yeast cake wasn't as big.i won't touch this for a month .
Next brew will be the festival landlords bitter again as I loved the taste of this brew might brew it short and take the strength up a bit.

I much prefer my beer efforts to the cider ones.

As I see cider as a good addition to Stout, my plan for the foreseeable is brew beer, buy cider. And cheap cider at that. Coopers Stout is quality enough for two. Other stout kits might well do the same job.

well 5 years on and after a break due to lack of facilities, I'm brewing again. I've now got perhaps 45+brews under my belt mostly festival kits, but did do a full grain with two guys who live local.
I've got a green tomato wine conditioning, and a cider just about to stop working , both even at this stage tasting great.
I've developed a gluten Intolerance and I've got 5 festival kits on shelf to do , so going to pitch WL clarity ferm with the yeast , I'm told it will make it gluten free. we will see.

Back