kopparberg style cider kits!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashh

Reaction score
Just seen these new style cider kits

http://www.brew-4-u.co.uk/cider/cider-kits

looks like kopparberg! they have the same flavours to.

Any one else tried these kits? ive heard good things about their beer kits.

found a promo code for this site to if any one wants it, 5% off with "Hi5" Bonus!

I noticed these in my lhbs this monday.Are these the first type of "premium" cider kit?
I fancy having a crack at cider next and was going to make a standard kit with some extra aj but for a couple of quid more these look tempting.

They look like a good find, would be intersted to see if they are any good as the missus loves mixed berries Koppaberg. so far i have tried the Ritchies on the Rocks mixed berries which with a dash of blackcurrant Lowicz syrup was very suppable and got this one on the go at the moment
http://www.lovebrewing.co.uk/ciderworks-mixed-berry-cider/
Went for it as it has 2.4Kg of concentrate compared to the 1.7Kg you get with the Ritchies kit.

I just ordered the strawberry and lime as the wife drinks the rekoderlig strawberry and lime , lets hope the wife likes it

Just got one of the pear ones on the gaffers instructions.
Well i suppose you've gotta keep em happy.I like some of the pear ciders but not all,if that makes sense.
Looking forward to getting this on the go.In the box is just a big plastic pouch of concentrate and a yeast/sweetner sachet.It says 3kg on the box.
I reckon i'll just make this as is without adding anything else and see how it turns out,it will all be bottled.:cheers:

Well i started the kit today ill report back in few weeks and let you know what it tastes like

Just a quickie fellas,The big plastic pouch in the kit which contains the concentrate or extract.
Never had this type before(it's always been in a can),is it best or even safe to let it sit in very hot water to make pouring easier?
I only ask as the pouch looks a bit flimsy and i dont fancy making a cider and plastic soup.

Not done this kit, but wine kits (Beaverdale def) often come in the plastic pouches and they are quite sturdy.

They recommend that you pour warm to hot water inside to get as much as possible out. It takes a couple of fillings, but as I guess you are topping up with water anyway there shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck, be interesting to know how close to Kopparberg these are.

Porter, as already suggested, just pour it out into your FV then rinse the pouch and pour the contents into the FV as well, it just makes sure you get every bit of the concentrate out. Im gonna be buying one of these kits myself as think 3kg of concentrate should make a really good cider.

Back