Solomon Grundy Apricot wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilD

Reaction score
After a couple of California Connoisseur kits (Merlot and Barolla) which I am impressed with, I picked up a Solomon Grundy Apricot wine kit reduced to £6 in the local brew shop. Allegedly, this wine will be ready in 7 days....

Hi Phil, I was tempted by the CCs but went for a kenridge classic shiraz for my first wine kit. It's in the secondary now., exciting!

I don't see how it could be drinkable in such a short time, considering everything I've read days to secondary for a good few weeks and age for a good few months... Be interesting to see how it turns out! My guess is fruity

Take 7 days with a pinch of salt, i have made a few of these kits and you could drink them after 7 days but its not advisable, better to let them ferment fully (a hydrometer is the best way of testing) and then carry on with the instructions.

If you drink it as soon as its finished and cleared it is always a let down, better to leave it a couple of weeks at least, you would be surprised the difference it makes.

Well so much for a seven day wine kit.
Seven days and the activity in the air lock had stopped, another seven days for it to clear completely and now trying to disolve 500g of sugar into the liquid, still hoping for a decent tasting wine.

Just botled this one.
Very thick and sweet but tastes ok for £6 not a bad kit. should be spot on for christmas.

Latest posts

Back