1/2" to 3/8" sparge arm tubing question???

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky

Reaction score
I have bought the brupacks rotating sparge arm which comes with 3/8" pipe that fits on to it snugly.. but my setup runs from a 1/2" ball valve tap with 1/2" silicone tubing. I purchased a john guest fitting to go from 1/2" to 3/8". The sparge arm tubing fits the 3/8" but neither my 1/2" silicone nor some 1/2" food grade hose fit the other end.

How do others connect one of these up to a 1/2" setup? I'm just no good at getting sizing right on the internet it seems and don't want to keep ordering the wrong parts.

Any help will be greatly received.

Cheers

Rocky

I have bought the brupacks rotating sparge arm which comes with 3/8" pipe that fits on to it snugly.. but my setup runs from a 1/2" ball valve tap with 1/2" silicone tubing. I purchased a john guest fitting to go from 1/2" to 3/8". The sparge arm tubing fits the 3/8" but neither my 1/2" silicone nor some 1/2" food grade hose fit the other end.

How do others connect one of these up to a 1/2" setup? I'm just no good at getting sizing right on the internet it seems and don't want to keep ordering the wrong parts.

Any help will be greatly received.

Cheers

Rocky

its tricky, and not helped by the conventions to size pipes by the internal bore and tubes by the outside diameter,, hose it seems is a pipe ??

the 1/2" silicone tube is sized by the internal diameter, SO if you want to use jg fittings to attach the i/2" ID tube to your sparge arm 3/8" od line

I would suggest a 3/8" JG to 1/2" stem fitting, u can insert the 1/2" stem into the silicone tube, and secure with a cable tie or hose clip and use the jg fitting to attache the 3/8" line side.

alternatively stick a length of 15mm tube into the silicone tube, and find a 15mm to 3/8" JG jobby :)

Have you tried putting the 3/8 pipe directly into the 1/2 tubing. I have a 1/2 silicone tube over a 3/8 beer line to allow me to connect to my barrel tap and it fits a treat.

Latest posts

Back