Little Bottler dip tube

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveGillespie

Reaction score
I have a Little Bottler attached to my FV but the last 5 or 6 bottles are a pain in the backside with all sorts of tilting, lifting and messing about. I've looked in B&Q at various PVC waste pipe fittings and none of the right angle pieces are the right size to do the job of attaching onto the internal threaded end of the tap to act as a dip tube. Has anyone successfully added one to the Little Bottler and can recommend a part?

I believe garden hose connectors have the same thread.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-THREA...lants_Bird_Bath_Feeder_CV&hash=item5d3e533e60

you can then use a short piece of silicone hose to add copper pipe fittings (or S/S) as required.

The Home Brew Shop sell a small pack of different size tubing that I have found invaluable in connecting various bits together. Worth buying a couple. You can also put a bit between the tap and the little bottle to add some flexibility if you have to tilt the FV.

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Bottle-Filler-Adaptor.html#.U0-B-nxOWM8

I got some tube the right size for the bottler, cut a small piece off for the tap end, fit that at one end of tube and bottler at other. Works a treat for me

Anyone know off hand what bore of silicon tubing I would need to attach on the end of the hose fitting recommended above?

I used a cork from a bottle of wine, drilled a hole in in which was a 1-2 mm smaller than the outer diameter of a scrap piece of copper pipe I had. Heat both in water so they are more malleable and fit them together. Got a really tight fit and cost nothing

Sorry I'm just struggling to get my head around this. Is the hose adapter to go on the back of the little bottler tap inside the FV which you then connect a bit of tube to so that it reaches further down in the bucket when you are bottling...?

Yes. When using a bottling wand on the outside it creates a siphon effect and makes it easy to get more beer out of the bucket without all the tipping

Yeah I've had to resort to the tipping method myself far too often! Will maybe give this method a try. Cheers

Anyone know off hand what bore of silicon tubing I would need to attach on the end of the hose fitting recommended above?

See the link to the home brew shop for the small pack of tube offcuts. The larger piece will fit the garden hose adaptors and the little bottler. I believe this is 1/2 inch internal diameter.

The pack contains 3 pieces of silicone hose that all fit together and have a multitude of uses in joining tubing and fittings.

Back