Home sweet home(brew)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyTippler

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've just returned to home brew beer with the Coopers kits from Tesco and I've successfully made 2 batches of lager (not sure if I'm allowed to use that word on this forum!). I'm planning to do as many different Ales as I can, especially trying recipes which are not from a kit but I don't want to run before I can walk/stagger.

I'm 6 days into a wine kit now & I've posted a question about de-gassing. I'm probably going to used my first 6 bottle batch of red for cooking but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I suppose my introduction should ask everyone what their best hangover cure is.... mine is Apple juice (fresh apple not cider lol).

Look forward to chatting with many of you in the forums.

Hi and welcome.
I find its apple juice that gives me the hangover so I guess a bit more in the morning couldnt hurt, OH you mean unfermented apple juice, is that allowed.....

Hello everyone,

I've just returned to home brew beer with the Coopers kits from Tesco and I've successfully made 2 batches of lager (not sure if I'm allowed to use that word on this forum!). I'm planning to do as many different Ales as I can, especially trying recipes which are not from a kit but I don't want to run before I can walk/stagger.

I'm 6 days into a wine kit now & I've posted a question about de-gassing. I'm probably going to used my first 6 bottle batch of red for cooking but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I suppose my introduction should ask everyone what their best hangover cure is.... mine is Apple juice (fresh apple not cider lol).

Look forward to chatting with many of you in the forums.
Hi HappyTippler.

My first brews coming back were also The Coopers Lager kit. I brew them to the "lawnmower" recipe to 25L with 500g DME and 1kg sugar, which is 500g more sugar than recommended. Totally solid pale ale. Can be offered to bitter and lager drinkers alike.

Best hangover cure is 1-2 pints of water before :idea: retiring and the same on rising the next day. Beat SWMBO out of bed to stay ahead of the game is my advice. :p

Latest posts

Back