Remove or not

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoomered

Reaction score
Currently brewing a festival golden stag. Added hops 5 days ago on day 10 so on day 15 now. Reading this morning was 1011. Wondering if the hops will bitter too much, should I siphon into secondary now and take more readings over next day or two or leave in as is. Air lock has only stopped today but temp has dropped from about 22 to 18 as was worried the brew belt plus sunshine would overshoot. Thanks

You won't get any bittering from the hops with dry hopping you need the heat of boiling to extract that. The risk of dry hopping for long periods is that you can get vegetal green grassy type flavours in your beer. By now the hops will have added their aroma so yes you can either bottle or put into secondary depending on your preference with it being at 1011.

Thanks, sorry I meant to say I'll be transferring to secondary. So on that token, should I?

Thanks, sorry I meant to say I'll be transferring to secondary. So on that token, should I?

If air lock has only just stopped, leave it a few more days. I've found the festival kits take a long time in primary. Then go to secondary for a good week and I would think the reading will be a lot lower.

Latest posts

Back