Lingonberry recipe idea?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liaml

Reaction score
a9azuhy6.jpg

Hi all I'm pretty new to brewing. Just wondered if anyone has any ideas what I can do with this. It's a 500ml syrup/cordial from ikea which is pretty nice to drink so I bought one and was thinking of making a fruit wine or a cider.. Thanks.

First check if it has preservatives, the follow one of the various recipes up here for Lowiz (or whatever it actually is)

Apparently the berries have natural benzoic acid pectin in them. Would I need to heat them through first?

Pectin is good, might mean you don't need to add your own, don't know if you would do anyway with a syrup tbh. http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=33976 might be useful. Basically check for preservatives in the ingredients list (metabisulfate/pot sorbate, that sort of thing), if there's none listed just follow the recipe. If there is then apparently boiling the syrup for 10mins destroys the preservatives (don't know how true that is). I'm sure if you hasd a quick search on here for lowicz or wow recipes you'd find something similar.

Latest posts

Back