Kilner bitter kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamab

Reaction score
Hi all

First post and first time home brewing. Bought this kit in sainsburys and followed the instructions. Think it was a little too cold (19-20C) and i'm a little too green. It cleared nicely but a little bland taste wise. Enjoyed doing it though and already got ribena wine and elderflower wine fermenting away. Reading the forum has helped a lot. Hope to continue and drink merrily.

Adam

I have this waiting to brew but box says it is 3. Something percent ?
Seems a.bit low to me so i may.bung in some dextrose or brew.short.
I also want to dry hop but unsure which would be best.
Any ideas ????? I have tried Cascade and Amarillo with Coopers IPA
Thanks

I brewed this and threw in a mixture of hops and an extra 500g dextrose.
Turned out very nice indeed,although as per the lager,not worth the full price.
Think I paid around a tenner from Sainsbury's but they have stopped selling home brew.
Not too different from the Coopers :cheers:

I brewed this and threw in a mixture of hops and an extra 500g dextrose.
Turned out very nice indeed,although as per the lager,not worth the full price.
Think I paid around a tenner from Sainsbury's but they have stopped selling home brew.
Not too different from the Coopers :cheers:

Thanks. I would never buy this at its full price as this seems to be set by Tesco and surprisingly by Wilkos at around £33! Can't believe they are pitching it at this price given the Festival kits are about £10 cheaper. maybe they are aiming at the new brewer who may not know what they are about.

Anyway, I am buying one on the Sainsburys clearence at £12.50 to see what it is like.

Latest posts

Back