woodfordes nog just isnt clearing

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helluvatractor

Reaction score
hi all, i brewed a woodfordes nog in the primary for 11 days, then racked into a secondary and added a sachet of youngs beer finings and very gently stirred.

left this for 3 days in the cool no difference.

i added 3 sheets of gelatin (melted in a jug of beer), stirred this in gently, and three days in the cool, later - no difference.

and i really do mean its cloudy like mud, with no trace of any clearing from the top.

should i keep leaving it, add more gelatine? risking it getting oxidised, or cut my losses, add some priming sugar and bottle?

this is the first beer that hasnt cleared for me.

Never used finings in the FV but I'd leave it alone for a week... on a concrete floor if possible. If it still hasn't cleared it'll have to do so in the bottle.

Cheers mate, will do that, in the future, once I have got my turnover sorted out, I won't use finings and just wait, but I wanted to keg this fairly quick, to free up a vessel. My big 4.0. Party in June and want to have a good stock of ales ready. Lol.

Think I will bottle the nog though, because it may take longer to get drunk, as its quite a heavy / strong tasting ale, that might not be to everyone's liking

Latest posts

Back