What pump for a new 100 litre set up?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickbo

Reaction score
Hi. I am setting up a 100 litre 3 vessel system and would like some help regarding a pump. I have a 5 gallon setup and use the small brown solar pumps but i dont think they will be powerful enough for this setup.

My questions are: am i correct in thinking they wont do for a 100 litre system? And if so, is there a mains pump that is available in the Uk that you recommend?
Thanks.
Nick

Www.whisperingcatbrewery.blogspot.com

Chugger pumps. Which are Chinese versions of the March May 809 with a stainless pump head. Not seen them advertised on here recently.

Thanks texaspete. Is there a stockist that you know of? Or do i order direct from the manufacturer?

Chugger pumps have been mentioned on other UK brewing forums, but as I don't want a ban, or my posts to disappear I am not willing to post a link . . . Sorry

+1 for Draymans suggestion, a few folk also use the small solar pumps you have in 100ltr systems, it depends what flow rates you want I guess. I use both Home brew builders and March 809's.

I just got a chugger pump through my homebrew club as part of a group buy. I havent used it yet but from reports from other members these seem to be a more than capable pump.

Hi thanks to you all for the good advice. Had to stop for a short while (don't talk to me about life). I think the mini mags look like a good way forward for me. Plan is to get a couple ordered as they look as if they will handle the volume.

Still have to build a big boy fermentation chamber that will hold 4 25 litre vessels. My current fc only holds one.

Thanks again .
N.

Latest posts

Back