And the hedgerows are starting to fruit.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobyeah

Reaction score
Its about this time of year I venture out to fill my bag with the first free fruits of the year.

I make crumbles and infusions, I leave the jam making to my mother, but as a new home brewer I can't pass up the opportunity to introduce them to some yeast.

I wanted to know what, if anything, you brew with these freebies.

Plenty of damsons, bullaces, sloes and a couple of other plums are available to me as well as elderberries and a few apple trees which I have always left alone.

Any suggestions?

"Lay down in a dark place for eternity" haha. I will try. Anyone have experience adding this type of fruit to turbo cider?

I had some experience many years ago with Apple wine, Elderberry wine and a mix of both.

As far as Elderberry Turbo cider goes, I would try adding a few elderberries in lieu of the the tannin or tea bags. How much is enough is a very trick question, as elderberries are very awkward to pick and de-stalk, and the stalks have a lot of tannin in them, as well as the berry skins.

Really needs an expert to give you proper advice, but if you have made TC successfully, this is indeed an opportunity.

Latest posts

Back