Replacing Tap on a Baby Burco

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowMark

Reaction score
Has anybody attempted/been successful in replacing one of the old 'twist type' tap from a Baby Burco?

I managed buy a boiler off Gumtree for £5 - seemed too good to turn down, really! I've removed the old tap and am left with a 1" hole (possibly 22mm but think its an inch). I've read the 'How To' on replacing a Buffalo Tap and costed up the bits I thought I needed - because of the bigger bore its looking about £40!

Just wondered if there was an easier/cheaper way to do it.
Many thanks for any help you can be

Thanks Patch,

Think I may have to use this option just down to price. Did you use a plastic or brass Tank connector? And, is it necessary to use a Stainless Steel Ball valve or will a brass/chrome one suffice?

Would have liked to have the option of a thread on the inside to fit a hop filter but you get what you pay for, I suppose!

There was a guide on google somewhere, I googled "First BIAB from build to brew" the guy there managed to do it with a screwdriver!

Cheers Spook, I will have a search around tonight and post the link if I find it.

Back