Bottling Beer from Pressure Barrels

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mancer62

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi there is there a way that I can bottle some beer from my pressure barrels?king kegs into bottles whilst retaining the pressure/carbonation? Is this possible and if so what equipment do I need ty.:cheers:

Its possible but very slow, and the end result is not very carbonated. You need to put keg in fridge and get it as cold as possible this will help the beer retain as much co2 as possible, get a length of pipe to go from tap to bottom of bottle, only turn the tap far enough so a trickle comes out with no head.

You don't say why you want to do this. If you just want to take some to a party, follow the method given in the first answer. If,however, you aren't in a great hurry,run the beer into your bottles and put some sugar in to recarbonate. I know this works, I have used this method when I had a leaking barrel.
:D

If I do it straight from barrel into bottles then use sugar. How much sugar for 40 pints (would batch primed be preferable?) and how long would u recommend I leave it? :drink:

Half a tsp of sugar per pint or if you want to batch prime 80 - 100 grams for 40 pints, should be done after a couple of weeks but i would recommend leaving for at least 4. But it will leave sediment on the bottom of the bottles, so not good if the reason for bottling from a keg was to take to a party. I bottle from my kegs into 2lt pop bottles, and use a carbonater cap (pop bottle lid with tyre valve) and fizz it up with a co2 tank. Been pretty handy in this hot weather, just wish i had space for a big keezer.

Back