Lager in pressure keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green0

Reaction score
All the info I've found non this generally recommends not to bother and bottle it instead due to not enough carbonation so I was wondering if anyone does it?

Its for a gathering so will get drunk in one afternoon and I have plenty of co2 to keep the pressure up.

What do ya think??

Aaaaand I just bought some wilko's spray malt, did I read somewhere this can be added now at the second stage or is it just for primary fermentation??

I've tried keg found it a little flat but a nice head . So I bought a bottle tree and bottle cleaner takes ten minutes to clean 40 bottles and with a little bottler takes 30minutes to bottle . Its well worth it get the proper fizz and head. You will not look back. :)

Yeah, I did buy all the bottling gear to make life easier but as I wasn't sure wether the hot weather was gonna muck this lot up thought I'd save the bottles for the next batch.

It's all in the keg now so will see how it turns out in a few weeks

Ta

So as per usual after not taking peoples advice I have a keg of not very fizzy but not too bad tasting lager which I'm now contemplating adding some more sugar and bottling it.

Will it work please knowledgeable people or will the yeast have settled and not fizz it up?

I have tried it after its been keg for a month or two. Bottle it up spoon ful of sugar in each bottle . Or batch prime . Carb for two weeks and let it clear . It should work .

Theoretically you can condition to lager levels in a PB IF you can drop the temp and add CO2.
PB prv's are iirc gonna bleed above 10-12psi, however if you can chill to something like 5c you dont need that much pressure to force condition
check out http://www.kegerators.com/articles/carbonation-table-pressure-chart.php for the temps and pressures required to force condition any level ;)

adding a car tyre valve to a pb lid is an easy mod and a tyre pressure gauge is all you need to determin the pressure in your pb ;)

Back