Priming cider...with brewing sugar?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fivegoldstars

Reaction score
Have just bottled up a nice batch of TC. Decided to carbonate a couple of bottles, and memory told me to use 1tsp of brewing sugar.
After doing so, I've realised that I should have used normal sugar.
Will the brewing sugar cause a problem? Should I drink now to save any explosions? :-P

Fear not - it won't make any difference. People on here prime with all kinds of fermentables and priming with dextrose certainly isn't a problem - I often use it.

FatCol

No worries - I'd be very interested in your TC with black treacle recipe if you wouldn't mind sharing it... :cheers:

FatCol

The black treacle one has only recently finished fermenting, so I can't vouch for how good it's going to be yet.
I've just been using a basic TC recipe (4.5l of AJ from concentrate/cider yeast/yeast nutrient/half mug of strong tea), and then different fermentables. For the black treacle one, I've split a 450g tin between two demijohns. The same process has worked out fine with honey, brewing sugar and golden syrup, so I'm hoping this one will be the same. The initial smell was toffee apple/bonfire toffee, and the colour remains very, very dark.

Latest posts

Back