Hello From Cornwall

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NATNRG

Reaction score
Hi All,

Been lurking in the background for about 3 weeks reading lots and learning even more..

Thanks to the lots of posts which have answered many of my newbie panics (I.e is it too hot, is it too cold and what to do if?)

My first brew was a Woodfordes Nelsons Revenge of which I left in Primary 8 days then bottle conditioned for 2 weeks. My first real tester is currently chilling in the fridge for testing this evening.

I also put a Wilko Mexican Cerversa in the FV last week and is bubbling nicely!

It is certainly an obsession as i have just ordered a Wherry in the Wilko sale.

Here's to the first pint....

Update-

The first chilled one was good :party:. medium carb and i now understand the meaning of "young" tasting.

I decided to attempt a 2nd bottle without chilling - not such a good experience, lots of floaty stuff and not great - launched the last 1/4! :cry:

Think I will shelve again and try again next weekend -patience is a virtue and all that...

its all a learning curve i suppose.

Hi bud. Feel strange welcoming you as ive only just joined myself. But if your firdt week is as good as mine. Im sure you'll love it.
Cheers chtis

Hello nice to know someone else from cornwall is on this forum. Let us know how the Wilko Mexican Cerversa turns out have been fancying giving it a go as a nice refreshing summer drink have a John Bull larger to put on first.

Greetings and welcome!

You have entered the dark world of brewing and you can now expect to become completely consumed by your new hobby :clap:

I did a Woodfordes Admirals Reserve a little while back and it was the best kit I've made - superb! I have a Nelson's Revenge in my cupboard to brew shortly.

FatCol

Latest posts

Back