New to forum

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sourcactus

Reaction score
Simon here from Suffolk.

Have started brewing again after a 20 year break when I used to help my dad, trying to understand the whole process, as I eventually want to move into brewing my own mash etc.

Just in the process of my second brew, St Peters Golden Ale. But, not entirely sure its going right. Temp is about 4 degrees above the recommended 18-20 mark. I wondered what impact this will have on fermentation time and process?

I am now 4 days into the process and I still don't have any bubbles through the airlock - must be something wrong somewhere. Any help/comments would be very useful.

Thanks in advance :thumb:

(As I am sure I will have loads more stupid/basic questions)

Do you have any activity in the fv at all.? If there is then.it may be a bad seal on fv preventing the.airlock bubbling ?
Someone else may know better,sorry,longest i have waited is 48hrs before seeing fermentation.
Good luck

Yes there is activity in the FV, so it might be as you suggested, a bad seal on the FV itself, will have see, as will be moving from FV to barrel tomorrow.

Will keep you posted :smile:

Brew was good!, moved from fv to barrel. I think you were right, bad seal. I tried a quick reseal with Vaseline, just to make sure and bubbles were coming through. Left it for another day to make sure and bubbles stopped, or at least every 5 mins or more - moved to barrel now.

will let you know how it turns out. But will be watching for seal next time round.

Thanks pms67 for the pointer

Drank brew last night, well it worked that's for sure - my head this morning is proof of that :grin:

Latest posts

Back