Turbo Cider recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penguinarmy

Reaction score
Im going to attempt a "summer fruits" style turbo cider and im after any tried and tested recipes

thank you :hat:

You need to avoid any juice that has preservatives in the ingredients as they kill the yeast, some say boiling gets rid of it but having done this when making a Ribena wine when i first started out i am not convinced, it took weeks to ferment to 1020.

There is a thread about "summer fruits" style turbo cider here -

http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15076

thinking of doing a Cranberry cider

3ltrs of cranberry juice
1.5 ltr AJ

and then the normal ingredients, would this work out ok... ie taste of cranberry??

any ideas please as always appreciated

:hat:

I use a litre of White grape juiced and a litre of apple/raspberry in my juice wine and even though the raspberry is only 6% you can taste it, i assume with this combination you are after a strong taste.

Ive done this as an experiment for Cranberry TC

2 ltrs AJ
2 ltrs Cranberry Juice
150 gms dried Cranberries
1 tsp Pectlase
1 tsp Yeast
1 tsp Yeast nutrient

S.G. 1040
Total sugar 498 gms

Did it on 21st still bubbling away.

penguin army ... just to derail your thread a bit, can you tell me about your Chilli wine?

I'm expecting a huge crop of Chillies this year and would be interested in your recipe.

I have a DJ in the cupboard with Chilli and Chardonnay in at the minute (it was the remains of a 30 bottle kit after a half interested racking), which might be nice for cooking.

Latest posts

Back