First Turbo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phitt

Reaction score
Got my very first brew underway this avo after a visit to the Brewstore in Edinburgh.

4L AJ
200g bog standard sugar
1/2 cup of 2 bag tea
1/2 pack Youngs sparkling yeast
1/2 tsp yeast nutrient
A lot of luck lol

Did all the sterilising stuff and added to the DJ. Tried to take a reading but all sugar hadn't dissolved so not accurate.
Bubbling away within half an hour and now a bubble every 20s after about 4 hours so something's happening!
Great info on here. Would've struggled without it so cheers.

I'll post an update in a week or so.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407614294.013253.jpg

It's just the light Matt. It's still pretty cloudy. Started a fruit concentrate one today. Kiwi fruit concentrate and water. Smells braw.

I racked my turbo off three days ago and wasn't as clear as yours and had a taste not too bad , i will wait for it to clear a bit b4 bottling .Can't wait .

Well, after 2 weeks in primary, racked into secondary to clear for another 2 weeks, back sweetened with 8 heaped tsp of Splenda. Had a wee taste and wasn't too impressed as I could really taste the sweetener.
Bottled the lot anyway with 1 tsp sugar and left in the warm for a fortnight then a fortnight in the garage.
Last night was the first tasting and what a transformation.
A very drinkable well balanced cider exceeding my expectations. The oh loves it too. For my first brew it was an out and out success.
Plenty more of this getting started soon!

Back