EU Freezers to hold 27 gal Blichmann Conical

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djp0318

Reaction score
Hi all, getting close to finishing my Electric Brewery Build and now need to start working on the fermentation chamber to hold a 27 gal Blichmann conical. From their website, they suggest the Frigidaire (or the Kenmore equivalent), the 20.3 cu. ft. model FFU21F5HW or GLFH21F8HW (32W X 28.5D X 70H) but as these appear to be only sold in the USA, I was wondering whether any of the EU brewers could suggest an alternative front standing freezer that can be sourced in Europe (preferably Belgium or Nederlands but could also collect from UK)

Thanks in advance for any help received
Darrel

Did you manage to find an EU freezer for the fermenator?
I'm considering a similar thing myself.
Cheers.

I'm afraid not. After months of scouring eBay and other on line sites including commercial fridge/freezer suppliers, I could not find one that had the required internal dimensions so am not 1/2 way through building a chamber. I will post some pictures once completed. Best. Darrel

I've been messaging a few commercial fridge/freezer sellers on ebay. One has measured the inside of a commercial freezer and the actual cavity - assuming all shelves and brackets are removed - is 620X650X1420mm. A blichmann is 610mm wide so it would be a tight fit but possible.

Thanks. I would be interested in taking a look if you could send the link.

Best
Darrel

That looks very nice and reasonably priced as well. Thanks for sending on.

I may considering buying one if the chamber I just built doesn't do the job. With materials and time spent on building this, it probably equates to what you paid for the nicer looking, professional freezer.. :-)

008.jpg

Back