Hello from Carmarthenshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobra427v8

Reaction score
Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself first before asking many questions that need answers. Quick introduction, name is Darren and I'm 46 yrs old, always wanted to have a go at home brew and started off doing a 6 bottle wine kit from Wilkos, which I'm glad to say turned out great. Then went onto brew a 30 bottle white wine kit which didn't turn out as planned, which I will discuss in the designated area of the forum. Currently I am brewing a 30 bottle rose kit from Wilkos. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks

Darren

Greetings and welcome!

Also, if you actually have a 427 Big Block, I am officially jealous!
Lol, reason behind my user name is because I built an AC Cobra kit car many years ago, not quite a 427 engine in her but not far off, I was running a Rover 3.5L V8 with Edelbrock carb and manifold.

Cheers
Darren:-)

Hello, looking forward to hearing about the Rose kit, I was looking at that yesterday.

Cheers I'll keep you all posted but so far it's looking good, saying that fermentation has passed the 7 day mark and now on day 9, temperature of brew has been around 18-20 degrees.

Cheers

Cheers I'll keep you all posted but so far it's looking good, saying that fermentation has passed the 7 day mark and now on day 9, temperature of brew has been around 18-20 degrees.

Cheers

Just got back from my weeks holiday and I'm pleased to say the Wilkos Rose kit has turned out as planned. Wine had cleared perfectly and it is now bottled up awaiting consumption. These kits are good for the likes of me that are new to home brewing but I am thinking that for my next batch I will have a go of Blackberry WOW.

Darren.

Latest posts

Back