Cranberry TC (ish) recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penguinarmy

Reaction score
I made this last night its bubbling away nicely now

2 Ltrs 100% AJ
2 Ltrs Cranberry Juice
1 Tsp Pectolase
1 Tsp Youngs Yeast Compound
1 Tsp Yeast nutruent
150 Grams Sweetened dried Cranberry

pitched at 5 deg C
S.G. 1040

Total sugar 498.15 gms

I plan on leaving the Cranberry's in for 3-4 days and then re racking it into a new DJ

Any tips etc as always much appreciated :hat:

2014-08-22 13.09.06.jpg

If you don't mind me asking how did you get on with this? It looks a cracking recipe. I'm just about to start my first TC (nothing fancy). Is there anything you'd do differently in future?

If you don't mind me asking how did you get on with this? It looks a cracking recipe. I'm just about to start my first TC (nothing fancy). Is there anything you'd do differently in future?

sorry for the late reply

No the mrs was very happy with it Im going to do it again,

I bottled it in Tuborg bottles with 0.5 tsp of sugar was it was very fizzy so i would use less sugar for priming.

this finishing abv was 5.6%

Nice one - thanks for responding. Looking at the ingredients it looks like a good one. How long did it take to ferment? I assume you ended up re-racking? (Sorry for all the questions, I'm very much a novice!). I put my first TC on Saturday, it's bubbling away nicely but not very aggressive with the froth. I think the recent drop in temperature may have slowed it although I'm using a cider yeast and I believe they like a lower temperature.

Nice one - thanks for responding. Looking at the ingredients it looks like a good one. How long did it take to ferment? I assume you ended up re-racking? (Sorry for all the questions, I'm very much a novice!).

Its fine we all learn from asking questions

I re-racked it through a muzzling cloth after 6 days into another DJ and then left it until it had completely stopped and had cleared then bottled it. some people add finings to TC but ive not bothered, it its slightly cloudy when opened so i leave the last 5ml in the bottle. As i said before the Mrs really likes it (she wants me to make more) From what i can remember it took about a week to finish.

Hope it helps
:hat:

Cheers - it does and thank you for your help. I will probably put this together soon.

Latest posts

Back