St Peters cream stout

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sloth

Reaction score
Hi again! I put a question in a review thread and wonder if it is the wrong place for such a post. Just in case I'll ask it here -

I've got a St*Peters*cream*stout*on the go at the mo. It seems a little low on abv. Box says 5%, I used 20 litres of water (10×2ltr bottles) rather than the 20.5ltr on the instructions. Start gravity 1.040, after 4 days 1.016, at 8 days now 1.015. Instructions say ferm complete when gravity is constant below 1014º (which is the same as 1.014 specific gravity, right?)
Might I have a stuck brew? Going to go and agitate the bucket to see if I can shake things up a bit.
Anyone able to give any insight please?

The temperature has dropped a lot in the last week or 10 days and so try moving it somewhere a bit warmer and giving it a whirl with a sanitised spoon.

Hi slid, it's been at a steady 19-20ºC so that can't be the problem. I did give a 'swirl' by gently moving the fv on Wednesday.
Had a reply in the cream stout review thread that seems plausible. I reckon I'll keg it when I have some time this Wednesday; that'll have been 15 days fermentation. Fingers crossed!
Cheers

Back