Hello from sunny Pembrokeshire...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwrw666

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi All, just thought I'd say hello. Can't say I'm the most adventurous homebrewer as these days I mostly stick to just a couple of reliable kits that always turn out well for me - Tom Caxtons Dark Real Ale, and Shamrock Irish Stout which is lovely stuff, bit like Murphy's but with more body.
In the past I've made all sorts of muck, the real lowspot of which is definitely turnip wine, but there have been others nearly as bad. You've got to expect some bad brews in 45 years of brewing though!
Only point of interest in my current brewing is that we're on spring water here so I have to boil the full 5 gallons for every kit as the water is full of colliform bacteria. To which we're long since immune but the first time I made beer here (without boiling) I ended up with 5 gallons of vinegary snot with strands of seaweed type stuff in it. Even I didn't drink that one... though I dare say it wouldn't have been as vile as the turnip wine. :lol:

What can I say - we were young and foolish, and we had this book on wine making by a Mrs Genery-Taylor and were working our way through it. The elderberry and cloves, however, was spectacularly gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back