Double The Fun

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aquila1701

Reaction score
Hello again chaps,

Well well well, I've seen several posts on here about the slow fermentation time of Festival's Razorback IPA kit but blimey I'm glad I'm not alone now. 3 weeks down the line and I'll finally be bottling it tonight! Since 100g of hops have been in there for the last 2 it should certainly provide a nice hoppy kick :lol:

On the plus side as soon as the bucket is empty I'm going to be giving the single can Cooper's Stout a go using a bit of a frankensteined recipe with inspiration from a few threads on here. Figured it was on offer at good old Wilko so why not.

This seems to be a popular experimented-with kit so I thought I'd follow suit and attempt a Chocolate and Vanilla Stout in time for Xmas. I'll be using DME, about 150g Spanish Hot Chocolate Powder (thanks for the impulse buy Aldi) and Vanilla Extract.

I was tempted to brew some sort of coffee and bourbon stout but this one seems the more straight forward out of the 2!

Hoping this runs smoothly but will let you all know how things go in a few weeks/months time.

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back