I'm back from Doncaster :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calluma11

Reaction score
Hey All :-D

I've somewhat neglected the forum (understatement) so i'll give my history again and a little update since..

I joined back in Oct 2012 because I was wanting to get started with homebrewing and get myself a starter set that christmas. (I didnt get it in the end)

Fast forward to last summer (August-ish) and it transpired that a friend of my dad, who soon became a good family friend, was diagnosed with terminal cancer. With no immediate family (at least who he got on well with) we became his 'second' family. He lived close and we found out he had two HUGE apple trees in his garden. Because of the regular hospital visits and general feeling unwell from treatment, he didnt use the apples- so my dad wanted to try his hand at making some cider (coeliac disease = no lager/beer) We visited the LHBS (Balby) and spent a small fortune, well, my dad spent it.

It worked out ok, for a first attempt and the following Christmas (2013) my girlfriend bought me a starter set. I've since gone on to make European Lager, Gluten Free Beer, Ginger Beer, Strawberry Wine (kit), Sloe Gin & Blackberry whisky (not brewing as such) and so many flavoured vodkas.

With an abundance of blackberries everywhere, i've started a Blackberry Wine with intentions of making some Elderberry Wine, Crab Apple Cider, Apple Wine and Blackcurrant...something or other..

So, whilst I'm still only confident using kits for beer and lager, i'm becoming adventurous with wines and I've come on leaps and bounds since my first brew.

*Phew!*
I'm sure i'll keep you updated with my problems in due course :mrgreen:
Cheers to many cold pints! :cheers::drink:
Callum

Back