Beetroot Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianlinux

Reaction score
Anyone ever made any of this? I'd like to know your opinion!

I thought I'd make a gallon batch with some raisins and see how it goes.

Thanks

Ian

It seems to be a popular wine and there are many recipes out there, what puts me off these types of wine is the length of time it needs to be aged, one guy said 4 years. :shock:

One tip i read that may be of use - When it clears, siphon into dark bottles. It's important to try and use dark or opaque bottles and fermenting jars as the beetroot wine will turn a foul brown colour if exposed to sunlight, a bit like a Gremlin from one of those Gremlin films.

I'm afraid I'm one of those folks who find that beetroot just tastes of sugary soil. Apparently it's a genetic thing. At least it ought to have a nice colour to it though!

I'm afraid I'm one of those folks who find that beetroot just tastes of sugary soil. Apparently it's a genetic thing. At least it ought to have a nice colour to it though!
Yes if I'm doing the cooking at home and I choose the beet-route (geddit?), then I'll have to disguise it in numerous ways to get my wife to eat it.
It seems to be a popular wine and there are many recipes out there, what puts me off these types of wine is the length of time it needs to be aged, one guy said 4 years. :shock:

One tip i read that may be of use - When it clears, siphon into dark bottles. It's important to try and use dark or opaque bottles and fermenting jars as the beetroot wine will turn a foul brown colour if exposed to sunlight, a bit like a Gremlin from one of those Gremlin films.
I generally do use dark bottles for red wines but as I'd see beetroot as experimental would probably have chosen any bottle - so thanks for the tip. Don't think I'd want to wait 4 years for some "sugary-earth" though :D

I'm hoping turning it into wine might be a prudent choice. A gallon won't hurt so I'll let you know how I get on

I'm going to be making some of this VERY soon. Really fancy it. I fancy making rice wine too.

Be interesting to hear how you get on. I've never done a veg juice wine.

I've got old WI recipes for all sorts of veg wine recipes. I've just never thought about it as I kinda think, why waste time on that when you could be doing something you know you like. Guess I should start getting more adventurous!!

I dont make wine, so don't often go in wine forums. But this is the last time I'm going in this forum area if this is what you wine brewing perverts get up to in here - beetroot wine! :sick:

I dont make wine, so don't often go in wine forums. But this is the last time I'm going in this forum area if this is what you wine brewing perverts get up to in here - beetroot wine! :sick:

:-P This made me smile. LOL

I really fancy trying various unusual wines and Beetroot wine has some really positive remarks made about it around the web so I am keen to try it now that I have tried making every variety of the Robinsons BarBQ Barley punch.

If you think this is bad how about tomato wine. :sick:

A forum member made this -

WP_000996.jpg

If you think this is bad how about tomato wine. :sick:

A forum member made this -

WP_000996.jpg

Oh god yes!!!! If Amaretto works why not this? And before you start, Amaretto DOES work! It's like marzipan that gets you drunk - pure magic!!!!!

Latest posts

Back