Farmer's Market Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ianlinux

Reaction score
Went to my local farmer's market over the weekend, and someone was trying to sell their farm-fare country wine, which included cherry, ginger, plum and a few others I forget but which would be a lot like ours, for £9 per bottle :-o.

I think that's encouragement enough for anyone to brew their own! :grin:

Someone discussed selling home brew in another forum i use and Cornyandy answered -

I wonder if the farmer has any of the below.

Obviously you wil need to address legislation reagarding food prep, ie food hygene regs. You will probably need to have basic food hygene. Then there is the tax issue you would need to get in touch with HM Customs and Excise to check on what tax you will need to pay and about whether you would need to set up a bond for storage. I know there are tax breaks for small producers of cider and beer so there may be something for small winemakers.

It could be more bother than it's worth but if you go to the right people they should be helpful

Indeed. But it does give sense to our own homebrew being rather worthwhile¬¬

I doubt i would get many returning customers if i charged £9 for the stuff i make. :lol:

Latest posts

Back