Wilkinson a homebrew sale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered 30 glass bottles, caps and a capper, just over £23 cheaper than plastic bottles.

It's been on a few weeks, bizarrely though my local wilko's doesn't have any indication that there is a sale on or prices reduced, just the lower prices on the usual labels...

My particular recommendation is that the Wilko 2 can kits are on at £12.75 and having done a few, this is just amazing. Golden Ale is a "must not miss".

Wherry is also on offer at £14.25 and is a fab brew for the patient amongst us.

They also do their one can kits at £7.50 and although not brilliant done on their own, doubling them up works well on the ones I've done - Stout and Pilsner.

They only do 3 Coopers kits, but at £10.50, hard to beat.

Glad to hear you say that Slid, I picked up a golden ale and a real ale for £12.75 each... got the golden ale bottled up, will be ready for a taste in another week or so :-)

My particular recommendation is that the Wilko 2 can kits are on at £12.75 and having done a few, this is just amazing. Golden Ale is a "must not miss".

They also do their one can kits at £7.50 and although not brilliant done on their own, doubling them up works well on the ones I've done - Stout and Pilsner.

thanks for that Slid, i'll be down to purchase the summer ale :party:

At the moment it is all 2 can kits/plus a can or 2 cans of kit & I been doing this for while, its all about finding your own personal preference, I am just about to do a Coopers Stout & John Bull IPA with additions as that's where I believe the elixir may be.

At the moment it is all 2 can kits/plus a can or 2 cans of kit & I been doing this for while, its all about finding your own personal preference, I am just about to do a Coopers Stout & John Bull IPA with additions as that's where I believe the elixir may be.

hi smileyr8, the 2 can kits are considered premium kits, but the 1 can kits are good to experiment with. the coopers kits are excellent.
Coopers stout with 1k brew enhancer brewed to 20l is a beautiful drink & you can drink it young (4 weeks)
:hat:

I bought £80 worth in their online sale. Over here on IoM a local supermarket sticks wilko and still wants £23.50 for it.

I got:

1 real ale
2 wherry
2 forest fruit ciders
3 wine kits

Other HB shops charge £20+ delivery here, Wilko zilch for £80 order. Lifeline!

Slid,I'm not patient :wink:
The Muntons guy replied to me today after I sent him a rather. Abrupt email saying he would send me a new kit altogether because he forgot to send enzyme before he went on holiday to Cyprus.
Imagine putting his family holiday before my £14 homebrew kit,who does he think he is :p
Anyway if anybody would like to swap a Wherry for anything of similar type/value eg Wilkos Golden Ale :hat: I would be happy. To swap.
Cheers

Slid,I'm not patient :wink:
The Muntons guy replied to me today after I sent him a rather. Abrupt email saying he would send me a new kit altogether because he forgot to send enzyme before he went on holiday to Cyprus.
Imagine putting his family holiday before my £14 homebrew kit,who does he think he is :p
Anyway if anybody would like to swap a Wherry for anything of similar type/value eg Wilkos Golden Ale :hat: I would be happy. To swap.
Cheers

Nice idea, the swap, but there have not been many Engllishmen up your way for - lets see - 700 years - and the 4th generation Belgian military strategist - de Bruis. :hmm:

On a more serious note, the gear in the Wherry tins is just lightly hopped extract. If you treat it as such and use a more forgiving yeast than the famously awkward "6g denier of promises", then it can do you some good.

Nice idea, the swap, but there have not been many Engllishmen up your way for - lets see - 700 years - and the 4th generation Belgian military strategist - de Bruis. :hmm:

On a more serious note, the gear in the Wherry tins is just lightly hopped extract. If you treat it as such and use a more forgiving yeast than the famously awkward "6g denier of promises", then it can do you some good.

:D:D:D ok mate,I know my history :D:D:D
I work at a Scottish castle !!!! Shhhh
Good point regarding the Wherry,I may acquire some different yeast and throw some hops in (if it indeed comes)
Cheers

Nice one PMS - I currently work in a white elephant.

But, to return to the subject of the thread:

Wilkinsons have 20% off the marked prices of all homebrew at the moment. Tragically, their own brand 2 cans are on display at £22. Those marketing boys, eh? :confused:

Nice one PMS - I currently work in a white elephant.

But, to return to the subject of the thread:

Wilkinsons have 20% off the marked prices of all homebrew at the moment. Tragically, their own brand 2 cans are on display at £22. Those marketing boys, eh? :confused:

Yeah,really earn their corn!!!
My site has just had WiFi installed for tourists/guests,hope they never check the data usage,doubt anyone travels halfway round the world to spend hours each day on a homebrew site. (b)

Latest posts

Back