Little bottler

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliversmithuk

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting one as I have a spare plastic bucket lying around. Is it worth it? Is it easy to drill and connect it to the bucket? What size hole should I drill?

Thanks.

I think they are worth it. I have one connected to a King Keg that I use as a bottling bucket. Has made bottling much easier. The only addition I have made is using a piece of flexible tube between the tap and the little bottler, this allows for a bit of movement during filling, especially useful if you need to tip the bucket to get all the beer out.
Don't know the size of hole offhand but should be easy to drill out. As there is no sediment in the bottling bucket you can put the tap as low as possible, just make sure you can still get the back nut on

I've been using one since day 1, can't imagine what a faff it must be bottling without it!

Fitting it didn't cause too many problems. I drew a circle on the bucket using the back nut as a template, then used a sharp knife to cut the hole out. Not had any leaks yet...

I used mine once so far and it really made things a lot easier. No drips, no chance of oxidation, perfect bottle level each time, only 1 hand needed. I already had a tap, so just needed to press fit.

Just remember to fill the tube with cooled boiled water as a starter; let the water run out and dispose. This ensures you don't get bubble blockage.

Latest posts

Back