Wilko 100% Red Grape Concentrate

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hondac90

Reaction score
I like the Wilko Cab Sav but think it could do with a bit more body, so I'll looking to make it with a small bottle of RGC. However, should I adjust the amount of sugar I use to make the kit?

I've made up the kit, followed the instructions with the exception of adding the Red Grape Concentrate to the demijohn at the same time as I added the juice from the kit.

Let's see how it turns out.

Be interesting to know how it turns out, what was the starting sg by the way? If you have the starting sg of when you made some without the extra RGC it would be interesting to know the difference too.

Hi,

I've not taken the SG, partly because I'm not sure when to take it. Should I take it at the time I put the yeast in or several days later when I top up the demijohn with water?

You've asked an interesting question, as and when I make another I'll measure the SG.

Yes, me too Chippy-Tea. if you know the starting sg and final sg you can calculate the alcoholic content, otherwise you need to have a filtered sample of your finished wine and buy either a 'Vinometer' which is a glass instrument which looks a bit like a glass thistle shape on a stick and has limited accuracy for around £5 or a Refractometer which is very accurate but cost from around £20 to 'HOW MUCH!!!'
There is a third method, highly inaccurate and involves a couple of aspirin the next morning but quite enjoyable.

Latest posts

Back