Where everybody knows your name ...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

568ml

Reaction score
Sorry for the cheesy intro, but it got you clicking :-)

After many years saying "I gotta do some home brewing one day". I finally got started in the simplest way I could think off - a Coopers DIY kit. I fired it up with what came in the box - a lager. After some lurking on this and other forums, I soon figured out that brewing on the hottest day of the year and doing what it said on the tin. Isn't the best way to get a tasting lager, 28c in FV for the first two days and only a week in there. Though 2 months later it is drinkable.

Second kit I brewed up was a recipe I found on Coopers website called Authentic IPA. After two weeks in the FV it tasted good, well it would be rude not to while bottling. Its been in the bottles for two weeks now and tastes young, but just like what I like in a IPA. Still two more weeks to go before drinking in earnest. I know I'll enjoy this one.

Right now I got a crimbo brew also from Coopers, sitting in the FV, still a week to go before bottling, leaving it in for three weeks. Then about three months in bottles, so hopefully it will be ready for the winter solstice. It is based on Tuborg's Julebryg - THE Christmas beer!

Oh with that I gave away where I'm from :-) I'm now based in The Gateway to the Dales after many years down in that there London.

Next brew up, will be an American Blonde Ale, again a Coopers based recipe called Marilyn's Secret. Simply because they are easy and simply to do. Not sure I'll will mashing up much, looks like too much work to me. I'm happy with the brews where I just mix and forget.

Anywhoo enough about me, happy brewing to you all.

Great to hear from you 568ml, just realise what pms meant ...DOH! Christmas! An organised home brewer.... there's a novelty!

Organised HA! More a fear of running out of beer, since I'm now brewing not buying :-)

I have also been nagged by a brewing friend over the last many months - get that crimbo brew started now, it needs at least x months to condition.

I must confess I am 'stocking up' ready for the big event, as you say fear of running out. Of course your brewing friend is quite right, hopefully I'll survive this Christmas and have decent stocks accumulated for next year.

Greetings 568ml!

Welcome! We all start somewhere, with those mystery kits in a can...

Brewing Xmas beer now? Your friend seems very wise :D (it tastes better as it ages, IF you can let it to age...)

I just brewed a batch of Crimbo beer this past weekend. Along with an APA for gits and shiggles (I'm a hop head).

I'm also tempted to do a Pumpkin Weissbier for 'Alloween.. There's just enough time....

Meant to ask, have you read any good books lately? :cheers:

Cheers!
Awfers

As a matter of fact my brewing friend, who is very wise, did send me a copy of John J. Palmer's book, a jolly good read it is.

A belated welcome from me!

You got me puzzled as to your location, as several place claim to be the Gateway to the Dales. Neighbouring Harrogate claim it in several places but Skipton seem to be associated with it more!

Just started my Christmas brew tonight - Milestone's Donner & Blitzed, done with some extra molasses sugar. I'll be bottling their Black Pearl (with molasses & vanilla) at the weekend which smells very Christmasy already.

I like the forum name - I wonder if you'll be 'crown' capped when you get enough posts!

Latest posts

Back