Beer Font/ Tap Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLangridge

Reaction score
Hi

Ive bought a Beck Vier Beer tap from Ebay to use with my corny Kegs. Looking at it there are 3 pipes going up tube, but I'm not sure which one to connect to the keg. 2 of the tubes have old residue in them and 1 is clean. Im guessing its water cooled but is this a flow and return type system? I'll post a pic and if anyone can help please chip in

Cheers!

IMAG0413.jpg

IMAG0412.jpg

Last edited:
i would strip it right down, remove all the ldpe tubes and replace the beerline to the tap.
inspect the internals of the jg fittings and if after a soak in oxi or your favorite cleaner they dont look like new, replace em.

when stripped the cooling and beerlines will become evident, generally the cooling pipes are nominally bigger 1/2" or 15mm against the standard 3/8" for beerline,

you may find inside the beerline is stepped down to 5/16" or 3/16" to fit into the tap. if 3/16" i would suggest you use the 3/16" microline from the keg to the tap as its useful to balance off serving pressure in the keg and avoid foam outs.

Yeah Thats prob a good idea, I'll maybe try and get round to that sometime next week and i'll report back

Cheers for the reply

Chris.

Back