Fan for fermentation fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJT

Reaction score
Hi

I am putting together a fermentation fridge with an stc 1000 and a tube heater but I want to put a fan in there to circulate the temperature evenly.

Can anyone recommend a fan they have used?

Cheers guys, appreciate the help.

a bog standard 12/5v pcfan works well just dont jbweld one to the fridge wall like i did as it may pack in after a few years running, to power search the spare phone charger collection to run with 5v use the red+ve and black-ve wires.. yellow is +12v so if the dc charger you use is 8v (or any value higher than 5v)use the yellow +ve power connection..

run independently of cooling/heating and it will improve the efficiency of both.

Hi Fil

Thanks for the advice. Does it need to be a certain type of pc fan? (water resistant for example?) Also do you recommend to run the fan all the time?

Cheers

just a bog standard black plastic housed pc fan terminated with a molex pc power connector. it may fail due to the damp environment after a while, hence the strong suggestion not to permanently glue it in place (whoops!!) but as its a cheap low dc voltage device so no danger involved if it does fail.

i had to replace the one i used after about 18 months and since i did epoxy mine in place the original is now a knocked thru frame i screwed its replacement to.

yes run the fan 100% of the time when the fridge is in use, the air is the medium of temperature change so keep it moving all the time and it will be much more efficient in transfering both heat and cold. Comercial and hi end domestic fridges generally have fans or blowers fitted and running for efficiency.

Latest posts

Back