Tea as a flavour?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

568ml

Reaction score
Just thinking out loud. After I mixed up a Crimbo beer with brown sugar, star anise, vanilla bean pod, cinnamon sticks and coriander seeds. Quite a lot of that is used in some flavoured tea I have drunk over the years. So I was thinking taking a few bags of Yorkshire tea and brew up two strong litres. And using that in the brew up of an IPA or a bitter?

What do you think, have anyone off you lot tried using tea?

I put 4 fruit tbags lemon+ginger (smelt great) in 1ltr water into a wilko hoppy copper kit, came out nice but unsure if they made a difference.
Putting another on soon but going to double up on the bags...good to experiment.

I would say four bags of fruit tea bags wouldn't be enough. They tend to be a weak.

Well that is me, who would happy leave one bag of Yorkshire tea in my cup and let it go black, and none of that milk and sugar malarkey either.

I might try out a litre and 6-8 bags and let it stew for a good while. That is why I like brewing kits, experiment and if it goes **** up, you have not lost too many hours of work.

Back