Hello new brewer in East Anglia

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LloydV

Reaction score
I'm just getting back in too brewing again after about a 10 year break. Previously I did a couple of beer kits (badly) and some wines with varying success.
My plan is to move from kits to extract to AG over the next 9 months or so, gaining experience and knowledge as I go. Currently I have 2 kits on the go, a Wilko 2 can Golden Ale (currently bottled and conditioning covered up outside as that's about the coldest I can do) and a 1 Can Geordie Bitter currently fermenting.

Already from reading on here and a bit of thinking I am adding in a 2nd FV for clearing / fining for a few days before bottling - hoping that this is the right move.

I am based in Ely Cambridgeshire is there anyone from around northern cambs that can point out and good homebrew shops etc in the area. I did take a trip up to the beer supermarket near Kings Lynn to check out there selection but its not much bigger than my local Wilko.

Hi lloyd. I too checked out the beer supermarket at lynn. Wernt very impressed. Tiny selection of overpriced out of date kits :(
Probably not a lot of good to you as still a good drive. But theres a brilliant lil homebrew shop in norwich. Called "the good life" not sure of any closer to ely sorry.

Hi Lloyd

I live in wisbech. There is a place in newborough near Peterborough called Burghley homebrew. They have a website and all my mates buy their gear from them. Not sure if that,s to far away? I don,t think it's a big place but I believe he does brew some of the kits so you can try them also.

thanks guys,

Ill check out the good life next time im in Norwich, Bughley I may have to check out, its a fair drive but seeing as i need a lot of kit soon may be worth it.

Need a boiler and grain mill etc as Ive just finished making my 60l mash tun and making a cooling coil today

Have look on ebay, a lot of sellers are not charging postage and don't seem to be increasing prices of items to cover it, i have found a shop selling wine kits including free P&P cheaper than i can buy them in Tesco.

Hello and welcome, lots of helpful people on here to help us new brewers on our way.

Latest posts

Back