Right type of Juice?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pith-head

Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi all, i just bought some Del Rivo Apple and Raspberry juice drink and i wonder if i have got the right stuff. Below are the ingredients of the carton, could anyone tell me if it is ok for making wine. Thanks for any replies. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Water, fruit juices from concentrate 26%, apple 21%, raspberry 5%, - glucose - fructose syrup, [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Sugar, citric acid, colour: anthocyanins; flavouring.[/FONT]

Looks ok, you need to avoid preservatives.

As it's low in juice you may need to use two litres to one of grape juice.

Thanks simon and thanks chippy i am sorry i am late replying, i have been more than a tad busy, could anyone recommend some juice that would be better than this? Although as long as it will ferment i am going to use it up no matter what. Perhaps i might add something different to it to make it better, what i bought for was to make a rose wine for my daughter in law. Flamin women, Daughter likes red dry,Grand Daughter likes sweet white, Son likes sweet red and as i said daughter in law likes rose, Sheeeeesh what a contrary crowd, its a good job i love the bu--ers eh.

I am greatly relieved, i bought quite a bit of it, i am an old coffin dodger and if i see something that looks cheap i tend just dive in, it goes with getting old i'm afraid, thanks again guys. :-P

Last edited:
This is one of the easiest and cheapest wines you can make, you can also swap the red grape juice for white grape juice for a white type wine. (they are both 100% juice)

Easy Rosé wine

1 litre Red grape juice (Tesco)

1 litre Apple Juice (Tesco)

800g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerene.

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

128329.jpg
IDShot_225x225.jpg

This is one of the easiest and cheapest wines you can make, you can also swap the red grape juice for white grape juice for a white type wine. (they are both 100% juice)

Easy Rosé wine

1 litre Red grape juice (Tesco)

1 litre Apple Juice (Tesco)

800g Sugar.

1 tsp Tannin or a mug of very strong black tea. (3 bags stirred every couple of minutes as you put the rest of the ingredients together)

1 tsp Yeast (i use youngs super wine yeast compound)

1 tsp Yeast Nutrient.

1 tsp Pectolase.

1 tsp Glycerene.

1 tsp citric acid or juice of one lemon. (optional)

128329.jpg
IDShot_225x225.jpg

Thanks a bundle chippy, i cant go wrong now, the pictures make it much easier to get the right ones, thanks again for a great post. :-P

Latest posts

Back