Plum and Blackberry

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WER

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got some plums and blackberries left over but not enough of each to make a gallon. Together I've got just about enough in the proportion 2/3 plums 1/3 blackberries.

I was thinking of mixing the two, imagine it would come out more of a rose, but with a bit of extra body from the blackberries.

Am I heading down a path to something awful, or could it work? Anyone got any experience of mixing them? Or, should I just stop thinking about it and give it a go?!

Thanks!

I doubt anyone here has tried that combination so it looks like you are going to be the guinea pig.

Let us know how it turns out. :thumb:

Well, so far so good. It smells lovely in the FV and looks like it'll come out like a dark rose.

Haven't tasted any of it yet but it's unlikely that I'll be able to resist when I rack it off the pulp.

Will update you on progress.

Basic rule - if it tastes nice before you ferment it, it should taste nice afterwards! In the same vein - if it tastes awful to start with it'll taste equally bad afterwards...
Plum and blackberry - what's not to like?

Hi, im doing the same thing! Got out to late for the best blackberries, but picked kilo's of damsons and bullaces. So I made a gallon of damson and a gallon of bullace (like a yellow or reddy orange damson) and blackberry. The damsons were frozen/defrosted then crushed and the must just won't clear!!:-? The bullace/blackberry is fine so it's a waiting game for me! PS the unused fruit was eaten and was delicious!

Hi quick update, just had a taste and it's lovely. The damson must hasn't cleared either! However the damson stones are marinating in whisky and it smells like marzipan. Yummy!

Racked it at the weekend and couldn't resist a little taste - it'll obviously benefit from some aging but it was still very good! It'll make a great summer wine - roll on BBQ time!

Back