Christmas is coming - Recommend AG kits ??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aamcle

Landlord.
Reaction score
Relatives are already asking "what do you want?" and I'm pointing them to all grain kits. Its an easy and tidy way to answer.

I've done an Oregon Stout (excellent) and a smoked beer that was barely acceptable and Pilsner that tastes burnt.

In hand I have a Galaxy Delight kit, I'll brew that for Christmas it was exceptional in the bottle swap.

If you know of any other outstanding AG kits please can you post links?

Many Thanks. Aamcle

PS . Not Belgium style :eek:

Get them to buy you bags of different malts and hops then experiment.

I use the Graham Wheeler books as a staring point and then personalise. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I did a smoked beer many years ago and the taste was horrible. Did the same recipe recently but without the smoked malt and it is really good. My avatar is the beer in question.

It easier for them if I just say " buy this kit", my skills are limited I don't have the experience to formulate my own recipes.

Thanks All. Aamcle

The only AG kit I see being used regularly is the galaxy delight kit and you've already got that. Most people who go AG seem to prefer to just pick the ingredients themselves and either make recipes or just use ones they find on the net. As long as you find one that's tried and tested you'll be alright.

If you get the Graham Wheeler "Brew your own British real ale" book and 25kg of pale malt then you will have loads of good recipes at your fingertips and you can just buy the extras yourself, like crystal / black malts and hops. Pale malt will pretty much always be the basis for the kit and you'll also learn a bit about how to formulate recipes.

Back