Finding a beer as close to special brew I can get it

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

35pandapop1978

Reaction score
Hi there after trying to do a cider kit and failed miserable I'm now on my second one and doing a beer... I would like to do a brew for my father in law, he is a special brew drinker.. So my question is what is out there to buy which is close to special brew??

Hi there after trying to do a cider kit and failed miserable I'm now on my second one and doing a beer... I would like to do a brew for my father in law, he is a special brew drinker.. So my question is what is out there to buy which is close to special brew??

I've doubled up the Wilko Pilsner kit in the past and it's been OK. Since they are 20% off at £8, I suggest 2 of these and a kilo of sugar. Long time since I drank Carlsberg Special, so I dunno if this is anything like the taste, but brewed to 21L it should come out at 7%. If you pitch both yeasts, it should be OK.

Don't fancy advising a new brewer to go trying for much more than 7% with the ale yeast Wilko provide. Carlberg Special is 9% ABV, according to their website and that could be a tricky one to achieve.

Any better ideas, guys?

Cheers slid for the feedback, shall try that an see how it comes out...

Another topic.... I've been told that I could control my temps by using a aquarium heater?? What are your thoughts

no idea about the special brew but with regards to the aquarium heater - this is how I control temp, works well

Latest posts

Back