Fermentation Fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Citizen

Reaction score
Hi all,

Managed to score a fridge from work today, its actually in good condition and having had a measure up a FV will fit in fine :p I have just bleached it out and stripped out the unnecessary shelves etc.

Looking forward to sorting out a fermentation fridge set up, been meaning to get this sorted for ages so really happy and now researching (Googling) the bits and pieces needed, for the record I'm not that great with electrics!

Any advice or pointers?

Cheers
Tony

a pc fan powered by an old phone charger is a usefull addition to keep the air moving inside for maximum efficiency heating and cooling

the underpanel drain to evaporation hole may be big enough to poke your heating (fan) and probe wires thru (a 60w tube heater only needs thin lamp flex)

Oh and if you use a pc fan DONT glue it in place as after a few years use it may fail and if glued in will be a B*GGER to get out again , whoops..

If you are interested, I managed to pick up 2 60w greenhouse heaters for a cheap price the other week. Happy to sell one on for cheaper than you'll buy online. Keep meaning to list them i the 'For Sale' section…...
Just wish I'd found them before I built my brew fridge!

If you are interested, I managed to pick up 2 60w greenhouse heaters for a cheap price the other week. Happy to sell one on for cheaper than you'll buy online. Keep meaning to list them i the 'For Sale' section...
Just wish I'd found them before I built my brew fridge!

Could well be, will have to source one at some point, do you have a price in mind?

Could well be, will have to source one at some point, do you have a price in mind?

Whereabouts in the country are you? I'll nip to the Post office in the morning and find out a delivery cost. Not after much for the heater, just hope the postage won't be ridiculous. Will let you know tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back