Brewing in North West Wales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bragwr

Reaction score
Hello all.
I have been brewing for just over a year now. Started with a wilkos red wine gallon starter pack then did another. Not fantastic red wine but turned out an ok dark rose. Did another one of those before buying a bucket fermenter and doing a Coopers Australian Pale Ale as per kit insructions.......I was not very popular for fermenting on the lounge so the fermenter was evicted to the garage! After a couple of weeks of temparature monitoring it was obvious that it was a 'no go' as far as brewing was concerned without some kind of temperature regulating contraption. After much investigation I decided to go down the water bath route. The empty 240l aquarium in the lounge which I was struggling to sell became the "Brewhaus Project"; insulated, with adjustable water heater and new water circulation pump/system. After 3 weeks of testing and measurements a Coopers Canadian Blonde Ale was brewed as per kit. Then a 30 bottle Malbec and a Tweaked Coopers Wheat Beer.
That's my brewing story so far. Things have gone pretty well up to now.
Today.......things might get interesting though!!
Tuocan Stout......Coopers Dark Ale + Coopers Original Stout + 500g L Spraymalt + 250g demerara sugar + 300g Dex. Made up to 20l but will top up to 23l when the krausen subsides. 1070 OG @ 20l
The Light Spraymalt was an afterthought! I intended to go 750g dex and 500g brown sugar but i was a bit worried about it being a bit watery.
What do you reckon to the above concoction?
Cheers all
Bragwr

Latest posts

Back