Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfd

jfd
Reaction score
A quick hello to you all. I started out with extract brewing and now enjoy all grain brewing, a steep learning curve but great fun

I started with a large pot on the gas stove. I have now set up a 30lt electric boiler, cool box mash tun and immersion chiller set up in the cellar. Cost comes in at £200 buying from ebay and it does work well enough.

Looking at starting a all grain setup, been reading up on beer brewing for months, got myself a berco boiler ready to convert, on the look out for a mash tun. Got a berry wine brewing for xmas too!

Welcome to the forum and the world of all grain.
It can be both brilliantly rewarding or a complete disaster. Don't be put off if it doesn't work first time.
Munch, you can make a perfectly good mash tun out of a 25 or 30 litre plastic FV, add a tap as low as possible and get a bit of thin ally sheet, cut to fit just above the tap and drill a load of small holes in it. Support using some stainless alen screws and insulate with the stuff you put behind radiators, job done for only a few quid.

Good luck and enjoy the results

Back