Finings and dry hopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK117

Reaction score
I forgot to Irish Moss my latest BIAB, so I'm considering fining with Wilkos to give it a chance. But I also want to dry hop the beer.

I will rack to a secondary to dry hop. Should I add finings before this, or fine in the secondary with the dry hops?

Any advice is appreciated!

Dry hopping will add material into suspension, add at the end then cold crash to drop everything you can out. Ive also had great success using gelatin.

So, rack into a 3rd FV for fining?[/QUOTE

I dry hop in the 2nd fv for 7 days then remove the hop bag and get a teaspoon of gelatine and sprinkle it into 100mm of room temperature water in a glass measuring jug and let it bloom for about twenty minutes once its bloomed stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds blasts stirring in between until it goes crystal clear then gently stir into the fv and leave it for about four days before bottling:drink:

So, rack into a 3rd FV for fining?[/QUOTE

I dry hop in the 2nd fv for 7 days then remove the hop bag and get a teaspoon of gelatine and sprinkle it into 100mm of room temperature water in a glass measuring jug and let it bloom for about twenty minutes once its bloomed stick it in the microwave for 15 seconds blasts stirring in between until it goes crystal clear then gently stir into the fv and leave it for about four days before bottling:drink:

There ya go, solid dry hopping and finning process :) Avoid dry hopping with low alpha acid hops for long periods of time as it could produce a vegetable flavor.

There ya go, solid dry hopping and finning process :) Avoid dry hopping with low alpha acid hops for long periods of time as it could produce a vegetable flavor.

Sorted. I think I will invest in a muslin bag to dry hop. It just sounds easier. I can then fish it out when I need to clear. I will get some gelatine from the supermarket!

I think I'm going to use Galaxy and Mosaic to dry hop so they should be ideal in terms of AA content.

Back