• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to The Homebrew Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Amyloglucosidase

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought i had posted this before but cant see it ??

anyway i have an industrial quantity of Amyloglucosidase

full info..
http://www.murphyandson.co.uk/datasheets/Data-Sheets2/Amyloglucosidase300.pdf

Amyloglucosidase 300 is derived from a selected strain of Aspergillus sp. Potential applications
include production of highly attenuated low carbohydrate beers.
♦ Increased attenuation
♦ Improved fermentability of worts
♦ An alternative to priming sugar
This enzyme is used to produce glucose, starting from the non-reducing ends of starch chains and
dextrins. In brewing the result of enzymic action is the increase of the fermentability of wort. α-
Amylase side activity in this product will also very slowly hydrolyse 1,6 α-glucosidic linkages.
There are also very small quantities present of transglucosidase and acid protease (hemicellulase).
The enzyme is optimally active at normal wort and beer pH values, although it is rapidly inactivated
at temperatures above 80°C. Amyloglucosidase 300 can be added to the kettle or fermenter to create
low carbohydrate super-attenuated beers. Alternatively, it can be added to the mash converter to
improve fermentability or to change the sugar spectrum of the resultant wort. Another use for the
enzyme is the replacement of priming sugar additions to bottled beers. Glucose is produced from
oligosaccharides giving rise to an increase in perceived dry/sweetness character.

£4 per 400g plus £3.50 pnp within the UK £5.50 Eire..
pm me if you want some.

3-8g will treat a batch upto 100l

Back