Turbo Yeast, Any tips?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce674

Reaction score
Looking to brew the still spirits turbo yeast classic (http://stillspirits.com/products/classic-turbo-yeast) some time soon, is there any hints/tips out there in order to get the best flavour out?

Also, what are some fellow brewers best tips for adding flavourings/essences? I've done this before, some proved pretty good, others not so.

Any chat appreciated :cheers:

If you want flavor I would not use turbo yeast, if you were making rocket fuel then go for it! What are you looking to make? Various beer and wine yeasts work well and can produce some interesting flavors. Bread yeast also works very well and is very forgiving and cheap.

I already have the turbo yeast, inherited it from someone at work, so i am looking to make the best stuff i can with it. Have made a banana liqueur before that was pretty good, but also a rum that was rank. Any good tried and tested flavourings out there?

I was given 8 packs of it and it still sitting there after reading about it, if you can carbon filter your final product to tame out the turbo. I stick with straight oak flavors using nuke aging but over here in the states apple pie and fireball are popular flavorings. I have a friend who makes some good mixes with off the shelf vodka, let me see if I can get some recipes for you.

My friends apple pie recipe:
1/2 gal apple juice, 1/2 gal apple cider, 1.5 cups sugar, 4 cinnamon sticks, teaspoon of pumpkin spice, bring to a boil and remove from heat let it cool.

Add to a 2:1 ratio (juice to booze)

Latest posts

Back